Designed specifically for four Nichia E17A LEDs. Can be configured for 3V, 6V, or two common anode channels.
Made from premium insulated metal substrate with dielectric performance only slightly lower than nanoceramic/aluminum oxide insulated substrate. Combining the best of both worlds: maximum possible dielectric performance, best heat spreading, and low CTE.
Completely redesigned and reengineered for easier manual or mass reflow soldering, better compatibility with various optics, tougher solder mask, and very smooth underside.
MCPCB's general specifications:
- Total thickness: 1,7mm (max)
- Copper trace: 105µm (3oz)
- Solder mask: 10µm ±5µm
- Bright reflective white solder mask
- Exposed trace fiinish: OSP
- Material: non reinforced AlN filled composite
- Tg: 100°C
- Td: 380°C
- Thickness: 40µm ±3µm
- Thermal conductivity: 7,2 W/MK
Base Metal Specification:
- Material: Cu 1100 (99,9% Cu min)
- Thickness: 1,5mm
- Thermal conductivity: 380 W/MK
- CTE: 17 ppm/°C
- Routed outline.
- Back finish: smooth satin
- For manual reflow we strongly suggest Pb63Sn37 solder paste or pure Indium wires. For leadfree solder paste, very precise dispensing/stenciling is a must.
- Solder mask is rated to survive multiple reflows up to 288°C only for a brief moment (< 30 seconds). Prolonged high temperature exposure above 240°C will make it less white while still functional
- Soldering LED wire can be difficult because the board is very thermally conductive.
- Fixes: Use more powerful solder iron with as big as possible tip, pre-heat the base (or the case/host), use intermediate wire (solder a short slave wire to the pad first).
For additional cost, we can solder any suitable LED(s) on the MCPCB. Please buy the LED(s) first and then buy the soldering service. We'll reflow the MCPCB using LED in your cart.
Use the product picture and leave the instruction in the "special instruction" field (optional). Check here