80+ Watts rated LED module in a very compact LES with various configurations and LED color combinations. Tightly packed LED matrix arrangement makes it suitable for application which demand very high output but still requires directional beam projection. Tested to work very satisfactorily with 35mm or bigger TIR optics.
Made from premium insulated metal substrate with dielectric performance only slightly lower than nanoceramic/aluminum oxide insulated substrate. Combining the best of both worlds: maximum possible dielectric performance, best heat spreading, and low CTE.
Completely redesigned and reengineered for easier manual or mass reflow soldering, better compatibility with various optics, tougher solder mask, and very smooth underside.
Compatible LED: Nichia NVSxE21A, NVSWE21A-V1
MCPCB's general specifications:
- Total thickness: 1,75mm (±0,02mm)
- Copper trace: 105µm (3oz)
- Solder mask: 10µm ±5µm
- Bright reflective white solder mask
- Exposed trace fiinish: OSP
- Material: non reinforced AlN filled composite
- Tg: 100°C
- Td: 380°C
- Thickness: 40µm ±3µm
- Thermal conductivity: 7,2 W/MK
Base Metal Specification:
- Material: Cu 1100 (99,9% Cu min)
- Thickness: 1,5mm
- Thermal conductivity: 380 W/MK
- CTE: 17 ppm/°C
- Routed outline.
- Back finish: smooth satin
- For manual reflow we strongly suggest Pb63Sn37 solder paste or Indium100 wires. For leadfree solder paste, very precise dispensing/stenciling is a must.
- Solder mask is rated to survive multiple reflows up to 288°C only for a brief moment (< 30 seconds). Prolonged high temperature exposure above 240°C will make it less white while still functional
- Soldering LED wire can be difficult because the board is very thermally conductive.
- Fixes: Use more powerful solder iron with as big as possible tip, pre-heat the base (or the case/host), use intermediate wire (solder a short slave wire to the pad first).