The second smallest and very thin high power chip scale package (CSP) or direct mountable chip (DMC) from Nichia. Designed for up to 5 watt output power per LED. Very high output light engine in many configurations can be made using arrays of this LED. The small size also makes it compatible with many optics/reflectors.
The variants sold here are the 3 steps Macadam binned, 90 CRI with minimum R9 value of 50/80 points.
E17A and E21A are the most versatle LED from Nichia for several reasons:
- Avalable CRI R70, R8000, R9050, and R9080. So, you have everything from high efficiency to (very) high color rendering
- Available in 2000K, 2200K, 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 4500K, 5000K, 5700K, and 6500K
- Can be used as a single LED or multiplle in array depending on the MCPCB. Freedom in luminaire design.
- Color and tint mixing made easy with their small footprint.
- Very low thermal resistance makes it easy to work with economical PCB or MCPCB substrates widely available. Note: this only applies for designs with OEM maximum current rating. Beyond that, special MCPCB will be required.